Jun 1, 2014

Dream Come True

One of my dreams was to have a daughter who would follow in my dancing footsteps. This dream has come true. This weekend my daughter performed at her first dance recital which was a dream come true for me. As I was putting on her makeup, I told my daughter, "Mommy always dreamed to have a beautiful baby like you who would dance like mommy did. Mommy's dream came true and I'm so happy to be able to be here and share this moment with you." I know she doesn't get it, but I hope she remembers the joy she gave me. I was full of emotions as I saw her up on that big stage dancing her little dance. That moment has been treasured in my heart and mind and I will never forget it.


I wanted to share a poem called, "If I should have a daughter…" by Sarah Kay which I watched on TED TV recently. For anyone that has a daughter, or is hoping to have a daughter one day, you will LOVE this poem. Click here to check it out on TED TV. In many moments I feel so proud to be a mother to such a smart and courageous little girl. Hearing this poem only makes me think of her life; the moments I fear but also the moments I look forward to.



Sarah Kay

Mia Alessandra, my precious little goosie, I love you always and forever. One day you will look back on this blog I have created and I hope you get inspired and know that you can do whatever your little heart desires. With God all things are possible and I will always be here to support you with whatever you decide to do. Be strong! Be courageous! I love you more and more each day. Love Mommy xoxo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment