Jun 4, 2014

Home Improvement: Chandelier

I've been obsessed with Sia's new song, Chandelier since it first came out. I would be lying if I said her song motivated me to get a new chandelier for my dining room – it didn't. When we first moved into our home 2 years ago, my mom said, "You are going to have to get rid of that chandelier and get something beautiful." She was right. The chandelier that came with the home was ugly and broken. However, getting a new chandelier was at the bottom of my list. There were so many other things that came first. Chris and I actually bought a chandelier around this time last year but returned it because we weren't completely happy with the one we purchased. My mom found one at a garage sale and bought it for us, but to tell you the truth it's still in my garage collecting dust. It wasn't anything great, but it was better than what we had, yet we didn't make an initiative to put it up. I think getting the floors done this year really motivated us to get rid of that unattractive chandelier that hung over our dining room table. We finally found a chandelier that was nice but didn't break the bank and I'm pretty happy about that.





This one upgrade made a vast improvement in our formal dining area. You can find it here. We normally only eat in this area on holidays or when we have parties at our house, otherwise, we eat in our kitchen table.  On another note, I'm excited to showcase what my husband and I have been working on in other areas of our home.  I'm hoping to have it all completed by next week.  Hint:  We made our second big home investment.  I can't wait to share!!!
 

Oh and if you haven't heard Sia's new song, "Chandelier", I recommend you check it out here. You'll love it!


XO


No comments:

Post a Comment