Jan 21, 2016

All Things Work for Good


This past Sunday marked three years since my brother went to be with the Lord.  I was able to reflect on all the good things that have flourished because of his passing and it really made me smile. God’s promise did not fail.

When my brother was in and out of the hospital, it was hard for the entire family.  I was in the beginning stages of my renewed relationship with the Lord and I found myself reading Everyday a Friday, by Joel Osteen.  One night as I was reading that book after visiting my brother in the hospital, these lines jumped out at me like a magnifying glass: Remember Romans 8:28, “All things work together for those who love God.”  The key word is together.  A difficulty on its own may not make sense, but when it all comes together one day, it will make sense.”

I held onto that promise.  I knew that if God had allowed this difficulty, he would also provide a way through.

So here we are three years later and I can share my testimony on how great God is.  Not only did he get me through such a devastating time, but he also stayed true to his word and His promise.  More than ever, I am able to look back at those few lines that comforted me and grasp how far and wide God brought my brother’s passing to produce such beauty.

As a family, we can say that losing him was what brought us back to church.   The Easter following his death, I attended Fellowship Church and it became the catalyst to a life change not just for myself, but for my family, friends and even strangers.  You see it started out like a domino effect.  I invited my sister, my parents, and my in-laws. Then they began inviting other people as well.  Friends started coming and they started inviting people and the numbers just began to grow and grow.  So many baptisms have happened since then and so many lives have been changed as well.  I know the number will continue to grow and grow and it makes me happy.  God did above and beyond when he comforted me with that scripture.  He turned my loss into such a gain!

Not only have lives been changed, but I began following my purpose.  If you look back to my old entries, you will see how losing my brother changed me.  I started my blog and what was once so hard to do, became so simple.  I learned to be vulnerable with my words and share different topics that touched so many.

I have some exciting news to share!  But before I share that I would like to let you know that The Gentlewoman Evolution blog will come to an end.  While it makes me sad to end this blog after it brought me so much happiness, I am excited to announce my new adventures.  I am starting a new blog and also started a t-shirt line with an intent to share the sweet words and promises of our Lord! 
I can’t wait to announce the launch and I hope that you will join me on my new adventures.


Lord, thank you so much for my readers.  I pray that through ending one thing and starting something new, you will inspire others to follow their passions and gifts.  I pray that you will carry me through and guide my path as I embark on two new adventures.  I pray for strength, consistency, courage and patience.  I thank you so much for what you have placed in my heart and I thank you even more for keeping your promise of working all things for good.  Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment