Jan 7, 2016

Holy Anticipation

This could be the day.  

This could be the day it all clicks for me and I free fall into the next chapter of my life.  It could be the day my boss calls me in to let me know that I'm up for the next promotion.  This could be the day that a prayer could be answered. 

I've been reading the Prayer Circle by Mark Batterson once again.  This is my third time. The first time I read it was during the time I was having struggles at work.  I prayed and prayed for a new opportunity to come by way.  At the conclusion of the 40 day prayer challenge, I did not have an opportunity, but I did have holy anticipation. 

Mark tells us that this could be the day.  When we pray hard, when we trust and hold onto God's promises, we have this anticipation that today could be that very day where God answers the prayer we have been praying so hard for. 

I started journaling at the beginning of last year.  In this journal I kept all my prayers going, along with verses I was reading.  When I go back and read this journal I can see how the whole year unfolded.  I see the times I was struggling and how hard I was praying for God to answer my prayer of a new job opportunity.  I saw how eager I was for God to answer the prayer right away, only to see how it took longer than expected.  I also see that in the middle of it all, God was shaping me and teaching me so much.  Had he opened the door any sooner, I would have not experienced the blessing through the lesson.  I like to call those blessons.  

It was a long hard road.  Sometimes I felt like the prayer would never be answered, but I also see how encouraged I was, how I held onto His promises and how I stayed in holy anticipation for the door to open.  I knew in my heart that God would open that door and when He did, He did not fail me.  Six months later, I am so grateful for this opportunity to work at a location where I am surrounded by openly vocal believers and where I truly feel I am making a difference.  I could not be more happy or grateful for all that God has done in and through me over these past few months here at my employment.

So today my prayer isn't for a job, but for creativity, courage, confidence, strength and consistency as I embark on a new chapter in my life.  I know its cliché, but I'm using the New Year as a refresher to start over on a good note.  

I knew that if I wanted this to flourish the way it needed to be, then I needed to do something different.  I needed to do more than just pray, I needed to go back to what I did last year.  Fasting, journaling, praying and doing it all with a devoted heart that showed God how serious I am.  

If you feel you have been praying and praying and God hasn’t answered your prayer, I would like to encourage to do something different.  Start journaling, start fasting (could be from social media like I currently am or even from a certain food), and pray hard with holy anticipation.  It’s actually pretty fun and exciting.  I know God is able to do abundantly more than I could ever imagine. 

Today could be the day.  I am waking up with holy anticipation every day because I know my God did it for me once and I know He can do it for me again. 

Lord Jesus, today I pray that the prayers that are lifted to you will be answered one day, in one way or another.  I know you have our best interest at heart and that if today is not the day, then perhaps tomorrow.  We will trust on YOUR perfect timing and trust you when the answer is Yes, No or even Not Right Now.  God, we will devote ourselves like never before to reading the bible, the book with all answers and journaling and sacrificing through fasting because it is the spiritual atomic bomb that you have given us to destroy the strongholds of evil and usher in a great revival and spiritual harvest.  We love you and thank you for all the ways you have blessed our lives.  Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment