Jul 17, 2013

Sybrina Fulton

Sybrina Fulton is a mother who lost her son on February 26, 2012.  Her son, Trayvon Martin was a 17 year old boy who was killed by George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman.  Regardless of your view of this case, that is a fact.

Most of America has kept up to date with the Zimmerman case -  myself included.  The verdict came in Saturday of "Not Guilty".  Some of us were disappointed and some of us were content. There is no question that this case has opened doors to conversations, awareness,questions and anger.

My biggest inspiration in this whole tragedy was the composure and strength that Sybrina Fulton held throughout this past year and a half. I put myself in her shoes as a mother and I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child, much less the anger she must have had for losing a child the way that she did.  I can't imagine keeping my mouth shut while people defamed my child in a courtroom and in the media.  I can't imagine not having justice served for the man who killed my child.  It is unimaginable.

You have to admit, most mothers would have not responded to the pressure of the pain or anger in such an elegant and potent way.  I really don't know if I could.  Could you?




What ever we go through in life, God always has the last word. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight."



No comments:

Post a Comment