Aug 20, 2013

Gentlewoman, Pearl Gonzalez

My second Gentlewoman of the week is Pearl Gonzalez, hairstylist extraordinaire and owner of Bombshell Locks Studio.  She is a friend, one of my greatest supporters and she's a really cool chic.  We share so many similarities, such as a  love for positivity, women empowerment, faith and lastly, we share a crazy addition for Bubble Tea.  We have started going to church together and my kids and husband now have a hair stylist for life.  

Pearl has become one of the closest friends I currently have in such a quick amount of time.  We went to high school together, but we were never really friend friends, if you know what I mean.  She has followed me on this journey and I appreciate all the positive feedback she has given me.  I think she probably wins first place for following, reading my blog and posting comments.  She is such a great supporter.  She may not know this, but those times when I felt like no one was reading my blog, there she was posting a comment or liking the status updates.  Thank you for that Pearl.  You kept me going when I didn't feel like moving forward.  You really made a difference in my life and I am so thankful for that.






Interview with Pearl



1. For those that don’t know you, can you tell me a little bit about yourself? My name is Pearl Blanca Gonzalez (my mom wanted to make sure people knew I was a white Pearl – LOL) I am a mother of two, a Sagittarius (fun, loyal and driven).  I love food and I am a hairstylist.  I love my career.  Getting the opportunity to meet new people and make them happy is my addiction. 

2. You have a love for hair, how did you get started? It all started with Gloria Trevi “Pelo Suelto”.  As a child I had big, puffy, curly 80’s hair.  I guess back then using product wasn’t talked about.  In high school, I would get up an hour early because I wanted a different hair style every day.  I then decided to go colorful and experiment with the usual pinks and blues.  I loved doing my friends hair whenever given the opportunity.  I finally decided after I had my children that I wanted to be a hairstylist. I did 3 apprenticeships, yes 3!  I wanted to learn and master each skill because I believe you can’t get to the top without crawling on the bottom.  Plus you learn to appreciate the sweat and tears it takes to get there. 

3. What goals/dreams do you have set for the near future? I want to be the hairstylist people know if they come to me.  They will leave satisfied and looking fabulous!  My ultimate goals for my near future is to be happy and make others happy. 

4. You have a daughter and a son, what are your hopes for their future? My daughter, Alanah, is a fun, blunt, ambitious little girl.  I always tell her, “You need to pick a career that you love.  A career that will support YOU financially.  A career you can give 110%, but can still have a life for your future children.”  My son, Champ, is a little tough guy with a very big heart.  I want him to put his all in working hard, being a great husband and father and choosing a career that he will love and be able to financially support his wife and children, but also be very present for all the special occasions. Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in life.  You have to teach your children to be an example, to leave a legacy behind, but also at the same time, you want them to be safe, healthy and strong minded.  It’s the hardest, but also the most rewarding. 

5. How do you feel you have changed over the last 10 years? Good question.  I have grown not only as an individual, but as a woman.  I think early on I was very insecure.  I had doubts about not being good enough, smart enough, or enough period.  With age, I learned that confidence is not something that is given, it is a skill that is learned.  I now feel I am a better friend, person, confidant, mother and woman because I understand who I am.  

6. What do you think women in our generation need to hear? Women need to understand that we are unique, beautiful creatures.  We are strong, caring and we love hard.  We need to embrace each other and know that the more united we are the more we can overcome.  If you look back in history, women now have a voice, when they didn't before.  Our mothers paved the way for us to have freedom of speech.  Our daughters will be the leaders of our country, so use your voice to inspire and guide.

7. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Never let anyone tell you that you can’t do something.  We all have obstacles to overcome.  You just need to know you are not alone.  The tools are given to you, so use them. 

8. Who inspires you and why? I receive inspiration daily from different people.  I get inspiration from my mother, who showed me that working hard is what gets you ahead in life.  I get inspiration from my friends as well as spiritual and positive public figures. 

9. When faced with difficulties, as a women, how do you handle them? I turn to God and Jesus, my friends and family.  I tend to turn to someone I am most comfortable with.  I also think, “Is this really worth my time and energy.” 

10. What are you most proud of? I am most proud of the way my life is going at the current moment. It has been a long road, but I plan on making it better with each new year that is given to me.

Bonus Question:For those who haven’t tried the fabulous experience of bubble tea, can you please let them know what they are missing out on? 

Now, Vickie, you have to be specific! I have tried many bubble teas, but the best, the very Best are at Fat Straws! If you haven't tried bubbles in your tea you have too. They are a gelatin, tapioca which acts as a meal replacement- imagine a strawberry banana smoothie with gummy bears in it- Yeah it’s a party in a cup! Ha-ha everything is good there I highly, or ^^ We^^ highly recommend you go there and try something, anything.

Visit Bombshell Locks Studio's website/blog: http://bombshelllocksstudio.com/

Fat Straws http://www.fatstraws.net/






3 comments:

  1. Awww....thank you Vickie. You brought tears to my eyes....I'm so happy you are a part of my life its wonderful knowing someone who goes through the same struggles and is as ambitious. The friends I have are special to me and I'm glad you are one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete