Aug 6, 2013

The Visual Board


I’ve read several books over the course of the last two years.  I’ve been so gun ho about searching ways to keep positivity in my life and striving to do bigger and better things.  The Magic was probably one of the best books that I read, aiming my world at being grateful.  The Secret states that whatever we put out into the world we get back.  Think positive = positive results.  Do positive things = receiving positive things.  These tools I learned literally changed my life.  Another book I hold dear is “Everyday A Friday”, which literally changed my perspective on life. Most of the books I’ve read have had one common similarity: they all condemn negativity. And so I found myself writing checks to myself, being thankful for every moment – even if I didn’t feel like it, repeating positive words in my head and visualizing my dreams and goals and placing myself and being thankful for reaching those goals even if I had not received them yet.

Here is just a taste of how freakishly real these goals became. I wrote this blog on April 30, 2012. (See below) At the time, I had not received any of the things listed below.  We ended up getting our house in May, which resulted in a direct location to a nearby Christian private school for Mia that she attended this past school year.  My brother was eventually released from the hospital.  At the time, my niece had not been born, in fact, I don’t think we even knew that she was a girl, and while there were difficulties, she is now healthy.  My husband and our family dealt with a very ugly and unnecessary legal dispute that finally ended this past January.  Being grateful for these things before they happened, truly, in my eyes, made them become reality.  Some of these things came super fast, some dragged out, but ultimately, they became reality. 

Be grateful for what you want - before you receive it.
What do you Most Want Right Now?
Imagine you are putting in a magic order with the Universe for your top ten desires, because in truth, by using the law of attraction, that’s exactly what you are doing.
Sit down and create a list of your top ten desires in the following way, as though you’ve received them:
Thank you for ___________ and fill in the blank with your desire as though you have already received.
1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for my house.  It is the most beautiful house and has made my family so happy.
2. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you that Mia is attending Christian private school.  This was my dream for the longest time.
3. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for allowing my brother to have perfect health.  This has taken a big relief off of my mother.
4. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for our win in the CS hearing.  We no longer have endure the negativity or the lack of help.
5. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for my success in life.  I have reached higher goals than I could ever imagine.
6. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the relief and stress of money in our household.  Everything is taken care of and there is more than enough for bills and pleasure.
7. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the arrival of baby Aliana.  Our family needed another baby girl and we are happy that she came out happy and healthy.
8. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the health and happiness of my family.  We are never without and never in pain.
9. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the success of my husband.  He has truly deserved all the blessings that have gone his way.
10. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for blessing my entire family for blessing them and making all their dreams come true.
My goals and dreams, my wants, my needs are all now visualized in my mind and my heart.  I’m thankful before they happen.  I’m spreading my positivity into this world, so I can receive back what I put out.  My goals have now been listed on a visual board:

You can make your own with a cork board and some magazine clippings or you can create a free Dream Visualization Board on the Oprah website here. I have made this my desktop picture so I can look at it everyday and not forget what I have envisioned for myself. Although corny, these things really work.  Let me know if you make one.  I'd love to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment